If you’re searching for a rewarding career with an exceptional team of people full of pride for the groundwater industry we serve, consider an opportunity with Headwater or one of its companies.
In addition to competitive salary and benefits, we offer a stimulating and supportive culture. We believe a fulfilling family life is crucial to a successful professional one, and encourage all employees to achieve their professional potential.
When you join DSI, you’ll be part of a respected, winning organization that values and supports its people. Enjoy competitive pay, a supportive and empowering work environment, and excellent benefits. Did we mention time off? You’ll have 20 days in your first year! If you are reliable, motivated, organized, flexible, and enjoy working hard and having some fun along the way, this position is a match for you!
DSI’s Chesapeake, Virginia location is seeking an Inside Sales / Warehouse Associate to join our growing branch which caters to well drillers, pump service companies, septic contractors, and water treatment specialists. This unique position is dynamic, challenging and rewarding, with the opportunity to advance to an Assistant Branch Manager position within the next year based on performance.
Read on to learn more about this incredible opportunity and grow your career with DSI!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides professional-level support to customers on product information related to functionality, performance, and price
• Collects information and feedback from the customer related to requirements, concerns and/or complaints
• As applicable, manages the order process in a professional manner
• Recommends product and service that effectively meet customer needs
• Assists customers and other sales professionals with pricing requests
• Provides accurate information for documenting customer orders
• Applies advanced-level product knowledge to assist customers
• Accurately processes payments for purchases
• Processes returns to include completing appropriate paperwork, exchanging merchandise and generating credit receipts as needed
• Greets incoming customers in a professional and timely manner.
• Answers incoming sales calls via telephone, written inquiries, and facsimile requests
• Understands and supports established sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment to customers
• Pulls orders, moves inventory and receives orders from vendors; including loading and off-loading inventory
• Hot Shots orders to customers, in company vehicle, to ensure customer service levels are consistently achieved
• Maintains a neat and orderly work area
• Performs other related duties as needed
Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence through knowledge and expertise
• Ability to learn and understand product functionality, customer needs, and product offerings
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and can interpret bar graphs
• Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information
• Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to read and comprehend moderately complex instructions, correspondence, and memos
• Ability to write moderately complex correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information and responds to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Computer proficiency including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
• Software: Experience with Infor ERP system (preferred).
• Experience (or ability to learn) operating forklifts and other equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
What You Get
• $14.00-$18.00 per hour DOE
• Annual merit increases
Time Off – 20 days in your first year!
• 10 Days of Paid Time Off (PTO) (increasing after year 1)
• 10 days of Paid Company Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance & 401k, Wellness Perks, etc.
• Company Environment
• Large stable company that is managed by local, long-term management teams
• Family-oriented organization with long term employees
• Still want more? DSI always seeks to promote from within! Upward mobility is available for excellent performers!